Chicory: A Colorful Tale
A downloadable game for Windows
Chicory: A Colorful Tale is a top-down adventure game in a coloring book world where you can draw on anything. Use your painting powers to explore new places, solve puzzles, help your friends, and change the world!
Something terrible happened. Chicory, superstar artist and wielder of the Brush, is missing, and all the color in the land vanished with her. It’s up to you, Chicory’s number one fan, to pick up the Brush and fill in for her. It’s a big job… but you’re ready for it! Probably!
- Explore the Picnic Province, and paint on anything!
- Solve puzzles and manipulate the environment with paint.
- Unlock new paint abilities and use them to reach new places.
- Dress up how you want with collectible clothes, plants, and furniture.
- Discover a world full of 100+ animal characters.
- Experience 10+ hours of gameplay and dozens of side quests including mail delivery, art classes, photo taking, and more.
- Play with your friends and paint together in local co-op!
- Featuring audio design by Em Halberstadt and A Shell in the Pit (Untitled Goose Game, Night in the Woods)
- And an original soundtrack by Lena Raine! (Celeste, Minecraft)
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||2D, Action-Adventure, Colorful, Cute, Story Rich, Top Down Adventure|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, French, Italian, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad (any)|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Configurable controls, High-contrast|
|Player count||1 - 2|
|Links||Homepage, Soundtrack, Twitter|
|Mentions||Games of the Month: Boats, Dogs, and Din...|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This game is amazingly beautiful, TAKE MY MONEY!!!
I tried to move the game from my notebook to my pc but the save files were not transferred, where can I find them?
edit: found them in %appdata%\local\paintdog
Beautiful game! Visually it's amazing, the audio overall super special and unique. Impostor syndrome has not been explored a lot on modern media/art, and this game does it in such incredible ways!
Sad I can't play this. I don't have windows and I don't wanna buy a drm version :(
This game looks really cute and I would really want to play it once I have money
omg the game is so beutiful!will they release at mobile? i wonder
This is gorgeous! Will you release on iPad? This would be amazing with the apple pencil :)
This game looks beautiful! Are you also planning for a mobile release?
Judging on how the game looks, I don't think it will. Mobile optimisation's really hard but maybe the dev will.
If you buy the game here, do you also get a Steam key or not?
I bought it, but no steam key. Don't know if they plan on changing that though
Beautiful game, just starting it but I love it so much <3
Looks awesome! Would love a Linux version.
Also wondering about the Mac release! Looks so good
Congrats on launch!
Looks amazing! I see that on the Steam version, Mac is supported too - any plans to bring the Mac version to itch?